History

The 29th District is currently composed of 10 Lodges located within Anson, Stanly and Union County North Carolina.

The following is a brief history representing each Lodge within this District.

Kilwinning # 64 was chartered December 11, 1813.  They Ceased work in 1842 and was restored in1851.

Pee Dee #150 recieved their Dispensation in 1852 and was Chartered December8, 1852.  They moved from Albemarle, NC in 1854.  They ceased work in 1868 and was Rechartered in 1916.

Monroe #244 received their Dispensation in 1866 and was Chartered on December 4, 1866.  Record unbroken.

Beaver Dam # 276 was Chartered on December 5, 1867,  Originally at Beaver Dam.  Arrested in 1864.  Restored in 1895 and moved to Marshville, NC the same year.

Stanly # 348 received their dispensation on July 1, 1875.  They were Chartered on December 7, 1875.  Record unbroken.

Waxhaw #562 received their Dispensation on December 22, 1908 and was Chartered on January 13, 1909.  Record unbroken.

Meadow Branch # 578 received their Dispensation on October 14, 1909 ands was Chartered on January 12, 1910.

Yadkin Falls # 637 received their Dispensation on September 17, 1918 and was Chartered on January 22, 1919.  Record unbroken.

Albemarle # 703 received their Dispensation on November 29, 1955 and was Chartered on April 18, 1956.  Record unbroken.

Truth # 749 received their Dispensation on April 24, 1973 and was Chartered on April 17, 1974.  Record unbroken.